– The island is solely owned by a Belizean Individual. The island can therefore be bought as an individual property or as a company. Bought as a company, the buyer will not have to pay stamp duty in Belize.
– The island is long and shaped like a “6” with a great lagoon, hence that is where it gets its name from as Long Cocoa Caye. The size of the island including Queens Land is approximately 40 acres. Only a quarter of the island has been developed up to now.
– The lagoon has a depth of approx 40 feet with good anchoring conditions.
– A dredged channel through the reef on the open side of the lagoon to enable yachts to enter the lagoon. The dimensions of the channel is approximately 150 feet wide, and 1000 feet long and the channel is marked with buoys. We have had big size yachts visiting the island.
– Whatever the wind conditions are around the island, the lagoon is always calm and ready for water activities, and a perfect playground for kids and adults.
– There are three docks with a total of 150 feet docking length and have good depth.
– On the North West end of the Island is a strip that can be developed for Helipad for helicopter landing.
– A small sand beach facing North East with excellent snorkeling conditions.
Caretaker House (approx 1100 sq ft)
– Fully equipped house including two bedrooms, one bathroom, full kitchen and living room as one open space.
– Deck space at entrance.
Six Individual Cabanas (approx. 950 sq ft each)
– with each building having identical open living space, bedroom, private bathroom
– ceiling fans, A/C, newly installed, private porch facing the Caribbean Sea
– Excellent internet/cell phone service
– Island has two fresh water wells one on North end and South end of island, which provides all buildings with water for cleaning/cooking propose. Once an osmosis system is being installed water can be used for drinking.
– installed are 45 solar system which provides island with excellent power, a backup Diesel Generator yielding 40KW
– New Solar system from Telsa recently installed March 2021
Running Cost of Long Cocoa Caye (per year is approximately: US$25,000.00)
– Maintenance of buildings and technical installations
– Annual property taxes Bz$1000.00